Military Students

Welcome to LCC

You may be able to get money to attend college at LCC as a result of you or your family member’s military service. Both the federal government and nonprofit organizations offer money for college to veterans, future military personnel, active duty personnel, or those related to veterans or active duty personnel.

Getting Started

Step 1: Apply for Admission

Admission is open to anyone 16 or older, and the best part is, there’s no fee. If you’d like assistance, you’re welcome to come in person to the Student Services Center – we’re happy to help! Got questions? Call 719-336-1588.

Apply Online Now

Printable Application

Step 2: Apply for Veteran Benefits

Go to and Apply for Benefits

Step 3: Apply for In-State Residency

Active duty service members and their family members who are not Colorado residents must pick-up a Veteran and Active Duty Tuition Adjustment Form which is available at the Student Services Center.  Bring the completed form to the Student Services office located in the Betz Technology Center.  Submission of a Tuition Adjustment Form is required in order to receive Colorado in-state tuition.  The form must be submitted to LCC every Academic Year prior to the first day of class of the semester in which you are enrolled.  If you do not have a Tuition Adjustment Form on file at LCC, you will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate.

Step 4: Apply for College Opportunity Fund (COF)

Active Duty Service members and their family members residing in Colorado must apply for COF. The College Opportunity Fund, or “stipend,” is money set aside by the state to invest in your education. Currently, you’ll save $64 per semester credit hour when you sign up, and that adds up to BIG $$. To be eligible, you must be a qualified Colorado resident. Sign up today – it’s easy and it’s fast! To apply go to

Sign Up Now

Step 5: Apply for Financial Aid

Getting financial aid for college is easier than you think – the trick is getting your application in early. All it takes to apply for all different kinds of financial aid, including grants, loans, scholarships and Student Staff programs, is a single application form, called the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). But the earlier you get your application in, the better your chances to qualify for a good financial aid package. So get started today – apply online at, or pick up an application at the Educational Opportunity Center. Need help? Speak to one of our Financial Aid Advisors at 719-336-1590.

Our school code is 001355 when filling out the FAFSA.

Current regulations allow veteran students to receive both federal financial aid funds (Pell grant and student loans) and veteran education benefits.

Learn More

Step 6: Other Military Contacts (Lamar)


G.I. Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

(719) 336-1589 Betz Building, Student Services
Scroll to Top
Skip to content