Library | Learning Resource Center
Welcome to the Lamar Community College Library/Learning Resource Center! The Library/Learning Resource Center (LRC) welcomes students as well as community users to make use of our many resources.
|Monday – Thursday||8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Monday – Thursday||10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Summer hours|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
|Ellen Lovell||Library Technician|
About Library/Learning Resource Center
At LCC, we strive to best meet our students’ varied needs. To accomplish this, the LRC has several different areas for students to gather for meetings, study, do research, and socialize.
- Classes, organizations, and even informal student groups can meet in the STEM Conference Room. This area is set apart from the main library and includes digital presentation equipment.
- The bistro area, just outside the STEM Conference Room, is home to the student-run coffee-shop, Lopes Coffee, and provides an informal atmosphere. Library patrons are welcome to sip a beverage and read at the bistro tables.
- Couches provide comfortable seating in the alcove with its large windows and scenic view of Willow Creek and the surrounding area.
- Students can do research and work on homework at the bank of computers on the southeast wall of the library. Computers provide internet accessibility and are print-capable. The LRC is also a campus wireless internet site.
- Easy chairs, additional couches, and several worktables furnish the rest of the main reading area.
The LRC houses several special collections:
- Walter-Hobbs Collection (HOBBS): This 800 volume collection was donated to the library by Dr. Howard W. Hobbs during the many years that he served as an LCC faculty member. The collection features science, military history, and other miscellaneous titles. These books are shelved in the bistro area and in the STEM conference room. They are identified in the catalog by the addition of HOBBS to the call numbers and by colored dots on the spines of the books.
- Other special collections include the Professional Collection (PRO) for faculty members and the Quality Collection (TQM) which supports total quality management.
LCC & the Lamar Public Library
LCC students also have access to the services and resources provided by the Lamar Public Library located at 102 East Parmenter Street in Lamar. LCC students who use the Lamar Public Library will need to obtain a card issued by the public library. Visit lamarlibrary.colibraries.org to learn more.
- Click on https://lamarcc.follettdestiny.com
- Select Lamar Community College.
- Select Catalog tab.
- Put in search term and click on “Keyword, Title, Author, Subject, or Series”. (If you press Enter instead of selecting one of the choices, the search defaults to a Keyword search.)
- To learn more about a particular book, click on the Title or the Details button.
Please note: Items designated REF are reference materials and are available for in-library use only.
EBSCOhost periodical database, website search.ebscohost.com
Contact Library for password. Call 719.336.1541.
CINAHL Nursing database is available through EBSCOhost.
LCC Learning Resource Center patrons may access EBSCOhost, the college’s periodical database, using the attached instructions.