84th Commencement Ceremony
Click here for 2022 Commencement, Nurse Pinning and Antelope Night photos!
Livestream of the 84th Annual Commencement Ceremony
Lamar Community College is pleased to invite the 2023 graduates and their families and friends to the 84th Annual LCC Commencement Ceremony on May 6th, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. in the Lopes Gymnasium in our Wellness Center.
Please use the hashtag #LopesGrad when you post so we can see and share your images from our social media accounts.
**This information can change at any time. More information will be provided at a later date.
Antelope Night is LCC’s student awards night, celebrating student accomplishments both inside the classroom and out. This year we are excited to announce Antelope Night will be, once again, in person at the Lamar Community Building on May 5th, 2023 at 6 p.m. Please invite your family and friends to come, enjoy dinner, and help you celebrate your accomplishments. Go Lopes!!!
Nurse Pinning Ceremony
Nurse Pinning Ceremony
Join us in celebrating a significant event in the life of a nurse — the Nurse Pinning Ceremony! LCC will formally recognize the accomplishments of our ADN and PN nursing students on May 4th, 2023 in the Lamar High School Auditorium at 5:00 p.m.
Livestream also available here: youtube.com/watch?v=nxHuSXHH89s
General Information about Graduation
- Intent to Graduate: Students who believe they are eligible to walk in Commencement following a Fall 2021 or Spring/Summer 2022 completion must have an approved Intent to Graduate document on file. The Spring semester priority deadline to file the Intent to Graduate document was October 1st, 2021. For questions, please contact Student Services at 719.336.1590.
- Order Cap and Gown: The deadline for ordering your cap and gown is March 24th, 2023. You can order through Herff Jones at collegegrad.herffjones.com
- Finalizing Graduation: The completion of the degree/certificate will be confirmed once all spring semester grades are received, and a final degree audit is completed.
- Transcripts: Transcripts that include a “graduation stamp” will be available once all grades are processed, all financial obligations are met, and a final degree audit is completed. The process takes approximately eight weeks.
- Diploma: Graduates: we will be mailing diplomas/certificates, official transcripts, and diploma covers, so please ensure your mailing addresses are correct in the student portal. We invite faculty, staff, and students to use #LopesGrad when sharing commencement/graduation posts on personal social media accounts so we can all join in on the celebration!
- Depending on the above process timing, your diploma will be ordered and shipped to you between eight to ten weeks after Commencement. As a reminder: please make sure Student Services has your current address.
If you have questions about graduation, contact LCC Student Services at (719) 336-1590 or transcripts