Join Us for LCC Orientation!
During general orientations you will be able to attend workshops to build your skills, get familiar with campus, and participate in student activities. The purpose of planned events and sessions is to help you get off to a solid start academically.
We know going to college impacts an entire family. Parents and family members are welcome to attend.
Sabemos que ir al Colegio impacta a la familia entera. Padres y miembros de familia estan invitados a asistir.
- Monday, July 18, 2022 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday, August 19, 2022 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Prepare for Orientation:
- Students are encouraged to register for classes prior to attending orientation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-336-1198 to set up your advising appointment.
- If you have not done so, remember to submit you high school transcript and your immunization records to the Office of Admissions.
- There will be an opportunity to receive FAFSA assistance with our EOC Coordinator, if you plan to utilize this resource please bring your student tax information and parental/guardian tax information (if applicable).
- Masks are optional but not required.
In order to register for classes placement testing is required for certain degree programs or courses, especially if you plan to transfer to a 4 year university. The Accuplacer assesses your current skill level in reading, math, and English for proper course placement. You are welcome to test at any college or university close to you or on our campus the morning of orientation. Please contact our Testing Center to request a test voucher if you are interested in testing off campus.
Did you take college courses in high school or meet the following scores on ACT or SAT? If so, you will be exempt from testing. Make sure we have your college transcript and test scores on file.
- ACT (English 18, Math 23, Reading 17)
- SAT (Evidenced Based Reading and Writing 470, Math 500).
Here Is What to Expect for Fall Orientations:
- 8:00 am – 9:30 am – Accuplacer Placement Testing (Betz Rm 230, 231)
- 9:00 am – Event check-in (Wellness Center)
- 10:00 am – Welcome
- 10:30 am – Concurrent Sessions
- 12:00 pm – Lunch and Community Expo
- 12:30 – Review morning session in Spanish (optional)/Revision de la sesion matutina en español (opcional)
- 1:00-1:30 pm – Bilingual Parent Session – provide information and support to parents.
- 1:00-5:00 pm – Optional Afternoon Activities to include: Campus tours, dorm tours, individual meetings with Student Services & Advisors, get your parking pass and student ID, visit our Innovate and Make Space
- 5:00 pm – Event Ends
You will be able to sign up for your optional afternoon activities at check in.
If you have special accommodations that we should know about please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact LCC’s Student Services at 719.336.1590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be no virtual options for New Student Orientation.