We enrich lives through learning.
Located on the golden plains of southeastern Colorado, Lamar Community College is focused on the educational needs of Prowers, Baca, Kiowa, and Cheyenne Counties. Yet its unique programs, NJCAA/NIRA athletics, small class sizes, dedicated staff, and idyllic setting also make it a destination college for students of all ages from across Colorado, the nation, and the world.
Our mission. Our passion.
Founded in 1937, Lamar Community College is a learner-centered, open enrollment, two-year post-secondary institution. As part of the Colorado Community College System, LCC is committed to providing its more than 1,000 students with:
- Transfer programs that qualify students for admission to four-year colleges and universities.
- Educational offerings that meet the occupational needs of students in career and technical fields.
- Developmental education to build basic academic skills.
- Opportunities for perpetual learning and lifelong development.
- Comprehensive assessment of student learning outcomes to continually improve our students’ experiences and success.
- An environment that supports learners.
LCC Vision Statement
Lamar Community College provides the highest quality education and service excellence in an environment of care, support, mutual respect, and integrity.
LCC Core Values
- Respect – We relate to colleagues, students, external stakeholders, and community members with consideration and thoughtfulness.
- Integrity – We steadfastly adhere to high moral principles, honesty, and professional standards; we nurture and expect the same values in our students.
- Open Communication – We operate through communication processes that guide our college in making decisions and seeking future opportunities; we communicate those decisions and actions to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Valuing People – We promote the development and intellectual growth of faculty, staff, administrators and students. We recognize internal and external stakeholders’ contributions to the college. We foster integrity, excellence, passion, and the fulfillment of students’ and employees’ academic and professional goals.
2017-2020 Strategic Plan
We recently created a new strategic plan that will help shape the future of Lamar Community College. Peruse the plan below or download a printable version.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Lamar Community College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Lamar Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
The College has designated Jennifer Mortimeyer/Director of Human Resources as its AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA), OFFICER, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EO) OFFICER, 504 COORDINATOR, AND TITLE IX COORDINATOR with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. If you have any questions, please contact JENNIFER MORTIMEYER/DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES at (719) 336-1572, EOandTitleIX@lamarcc.edu, or 2401 S Main St, Lamar, CO 81052.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.