We enrich lives through learning.
Located on the golden plains of southeastern Colorado, Lamar Community College is focused on the educational needs of Prowers, Baca, Kiowa, and Cheyenne Counties. Yet its unique programs, NJCAA/NIRA athletics, small class sizes, dedicated staff, and idyllic setting also make it a destination college for students of all ages from across Colorado, the nation, and the world.
Our mission. Our passion.
Founded in 1937, Lamar Community College is a learner-centered, open enrollment, two-year post-secondary institution. As part of the Colorado Community College System, LCC is committed to providing its more than 1,000 students with:
- Transfer programs that qualify students for admission to four-year colleges and universities.
- Educational offerings that meet the occupational needs of students in career and technical fields.
- Developmental education to build basic academic skills.
- Opportunities for perpetual learning and lifelong development.
- Comprehensive assessment of student learning outcomes to continually improve our students’ experiences and success.
- An environment that supports learners.
LCC Vision Statement
Lamar Community College provides the highest quality education and service excellence in an environment of care, support, mutual respect, and integrity.
LCC Core Values
- Respect – We relate to colleagues, students, external stakeholders, and community members with consideration and thoughtfulness.
- Integrity – We steadfastly adhere to high moral principles, honesty, and professional standards; we nurture and expect the same values in our students.
- Open Communication – We operate through communication processes that guide our college in making decisions and seeking future opportunities; we communicate those decisions and actions to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Valuing People – We promote the development and intellectual growth of faculty, staff, administrators and students. We recognize internal and external stakeholders’ contributions to the college. We foster integrity, excellence, passion, and the fulfillment of students’ and employees’ academic and professional goals.
2017-2020 Strategic Plan
We recently created a new strategic plan that will help shape the future of Lamar Community College. Peruse the plan below or download a printable version.