New Students | Admissions
An international student is any non-immigrant individual in the United States for the purpose of study at an American college or university. The student will hold an F or M non-immigrant visa. The term international student does not include legally admitted immigrants and refugees.
Admission to Lamar Community College
Lamar Community College welcomes our increasing population of international students. Their representation on our campus enriches every student’s college experience. Prior to consideration for admission as an international student, the following documentation must be submitted to:
Office of Admissions
Lamar Community College
2401 South Main Street
Lamar, Colorado, 81052 USA
- LCC Application for Admission. Download and print the LCC Application for Admission and submit to the Office of Admissions. See our admissions procedures for more details and instructions.
- International Student Statement of Financial Support. Download and print this form.
- Official copy of high school transcripts in English (graduation should be identified).
- Current bank statement with two years of educational funds from the student, parent, government or private sponsor.
- TOEFL score (must score 46 or higher on the Internet-based exam). This requirement may be waived if the applicant is from a country where English is the official language. The TOEFL test must be proctored; a perfect score is 120. Results delivered in 7-10 days, and scores are good for 2 years.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Copy of immunization record.
- Any transcripts for prior college coursework (see Admission Requirements).
- Complete and return an LCC Residence Hall housing application.
- Pay at time of registration.
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credits of coursework per semester.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
Additionally, if a student is transferring an I-20 from another U.S. college or university, additional documentation must be completed and/or submitted to the Office of Admissions & Records:
- Copy of student’s current I-20.
- The college the student is transferring from must modify the student’s SEVIS record to transfer him/her, identifying student’s release date.
In order to assure that LCC provides services, courses, and housing that an international student requires, please adhere to the following deadlines for admission.
July 1 – To enter fall semester
December 1 – To enter spring semester
April 1 – To enter summer semester
If you are accepted, you will receive a notice of admission and Form I-20. The I-20 will be needed in order to receive your Student Visa.