Welcome to the Lamar Community College Library/Learning Resource Center! The Library/Learning Resource Center (LRC) welcomes students as well as community users to make use of our many resources. Learn more about the Library and its collection
Normal operating hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- CLOSED Saturday/Sunday
Our collection includes 10,082 print titles, multiple online databases that provide access to thousands of scholarly articles, over 300 DVDs, and numerous magazines and newspapers (both local and nationwide).
- Click on https://catalog.aspencat.info/
- Search for your topic
- Select “Available at” on the left side of the screen and choose the “Lamar Community College” filter
Please note: Items designated REF are reference materials and are available for in-library use only.
We offer a wide range of electronic resources via the CCC Online Library
Simply log in with your Student ID (your S#), and search a wide range of resources.
Having trouble logging in? Contact the Library by calling (719) 336-1541.
- Our library is open from 9 am to 9 pm Monday through Thursday, and on Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Books may be borrowed for two weeks, DVDs for one week, magazines/newspapers for one week. Items may be renewed if there are no holds.
- Wireless Internet access available on personal devices for students.
- Research assistance
- Lamar Community College Library now has an archives and special collections department for your research needs. Archives and Special Collections is funded by a generous grant from the American Recovery Plan Act and the Institute of Museum and Library Sciences. Email Jennifer Goodland at firstname.lastname@example.org with your research queries, or come visit.
- Interlibrary loan
- Need an item we don’t have? Through interlibrary loan, you can borrow two items at a time from other libraries. Make your requests at the circulation desk. The borrowing period is determined by the responding library. Please note: It can take up to two weeks or more to receive materials.
- Black and white and color printing are available in the library at no charge. If you plan to print out or copy more than 100 pages, please consider making a donation at the front desk. The LRC complies with Copyright Law.
- There are six computers available on a first-come, first-served basis, and an overflow computer lab in Bowman 129. Students log in with their own S number and password. The computers are connected to the library copier.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Goodland, Director of Library and Learning Support Services, at (719) 336-1541 or at Jennifer.Goodland@lamarcc.edu.
- Walter-Hobbs Collection (HOBBS)
This 800-volume collection was donated by former LCC faculty member, Dr. Howard W. Hobbs. The collection features science, military history, and other miscellaneous titles. They are identified in the catalog by the addition of HOBBS to the call numbers and by colored dots on the spines of the books.
- The Professional Collection (PRO) supports faculty members.
LCC & the Lamar Public Library
LCC students also have access to the services and resources provided by the Lamar Public Library located at 102 East Parmenter Street in Lamar. LCC students who use the Lamar Public Library will need to obtain a card issued by the public library. Visit lamarlibrary.colibraries.org to learn more.