University of Colorado Denver & Lamar Community College
T-PREP is a program for tomorrow’s teachers living and/or working in rural communities who want to earn a four-year degree and teaching license without leaving home.
Attend Kickoff Event
LEARN MORE BY VISITING: https://bit.ly/3zPgzFj
- Start taking classes at Lamar Community College (LCC) to earn your associate’s degree.
- Complete the rest of your classes as a CU Denver student in face-to-face classes taught by CU Denver faculty on LCC’s campus in Lamar or online.
- Save money by opting into BA to MA (BAMA). In BAMA, three classes you take during your senior year double count towards both your bachelor’s and your master’s degrees and are billed at the undergraduate tuition rate.
- Expand your options as an elementary education teacher by taking two extra classes and adding a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse endorsement education teaching license.
- Bachelor’s degrees open career doors.
- Advance your knowledge and abilities.
- Meet the evolving requirements of educators in Colorado.
- Get prepared to work in a variety of Pre-K through 6th grade settings.
- Be prepared to serve in leadership positions in the future.
- Pay for your education by taking advantage of a variety of rural scholarships and loan forgiveness programs.
Leveraging low-cost tuition at the community college and competitive CU Denver tuition rates with reduced fees makes the T-PREP program affordable. Submit your Free Application for Student Aid and you will be eligible to receive additional grants and scholarships for rural teachers.
CU Denver has developed a year-by-year breakdown of financial aid opportunities here
- Early Childhood Education (ages 0-8)
- Elementary Education (grades K-6)
- Special Education (ages 5-21)
- Are you already working in a school or early childhood setting? T-PREP was designed with people like you in mind.
- Have you already earned some college credit? Perfect. You are on your way! Most, if not all, of your previous credits will transfer.
- Have you graduated from high school, love your community, and want to be a teacher? T-PREP works for you, too.