Continue Your Education
Start with Your Goal in Mind
Lamar Community College encourages our students to continue their education beyond their associate degrees. Each educational level increases your employability and income earning potential.
LCC Learning Support Services provides college transfer services to students who are considering transferring to another college or university. Transfer Services provides:
- Admission and financial aid / scholarship forms
- Waiver for admission fees (when provided by the university)
- Program and general brochures
- Transfer trips to a 4 year colleges/university
- Investigate all your “local” options for continuing your education to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Join us on “roadtrips” to tour four-year colleges and universities.
- Adams State University – Alamosa
- Colorado State University – Fort Collins
- Colorado State University – Pueblo
- Franklin University – take a “virtual visit” at www.alliance.franklin.edu/go/lamarcc
- University of Colorado – Colorado Springs
- University of Northern Colorado
Visits from other colleges
University recruiters regularly visit the LCC campus to speak to students. Every fall a transfer fair takes place at LCC with universities from the surrounding states.
Contact Transfer Services
Berna Griego, LCC Transfer Coordinator
Bowman Room 152
Below is a list of articulation agreements by discipline and/or college. Many allow students to continue their education without relocating.
The Colorado Community College System and its member colleges have entered into statewide articulation agreements with Colorado public four-year colleges and universities. These associate degrees are guaranteed to transfer – in their entirety – into applicable bachelor degree programs:
- Associate of Arts (no designation), degree plan
- Associate of Science (no designation), degree plan
- Business (AA), degree plan
- Early Childhood Education (AA), degree plan, new in 2012-13 academic year
- Economics (AA), degree plan
- Elementary Education (AA), degree plan
- Engineering (AS)
- History (AA), degree plan
- Mathematics (AS), degree plan
- Psychology (AA, AS), AA degree plan, AS degree plan
- Spanish (AA)
Additional information on gtPathways courses (guaranteed transfer courses) and statewide articulations can be found at http://highered.colorado.gov/Academics/Transfers/Students.html.
Adams State College – Extended Studies: These options allow students to transfer to ASC without relocating.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (2 options)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (8 emphasis areas)
Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education (with emphasis in literacy) includes Colorado state licensure
Bachelor of Arts in Government
Bachelor of Arts in History
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology/Criminology
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Colorado State University- Global: Lamar Community College and CSU-Global have partnered to develop the following articulation agreements. Additional BS degrees are also offered via their online format and new articulation agreements may become available in the future.
- A.A.S in Business— B.S. in Business Management
- A.A.S. in Business Marketing/Management— B.S. in Marketing
- A.A.S. in Computer Information Systems—B.S. in Information Technology
- A.A.S. in Executive Administrative Assistant—B.S. in Business Management
- A.G.S. in Criminal Justice— B.S. in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
Colorado State University-Pueblo: More information is available on the CSU-Pueblo website at Transfer Students. Please see LCC’s Transfer Coordinator for specific majors offered through Lamar Community College.
Colorado Technical University: These options allow students to transfer to CTU without relocating. LCC has agreements with Colorado Technical University for full-time faculty/staff and students. Bachelor’s options include:
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Bachelor of Science in Business Accounting
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
Bachelor of Science in Advertising & Digital Media Design
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Bachelor of Science in Project Management
Bachelor of Science in Software Systems Engineering
Franklin University: LCC has articulations with Franklin University for 24 degree options. These options allow students to transfer to Franklin University without relocating. See articulation for additional information or LCC’s Transfer Coordinator for more information.
Regis University Associates-to-Bachelors Program: This 3+1 partnership allows students to transfer to Regis without relocating, Students take the first 90 credits at LCC then complete the final 30 credits at RU. Options include:
Computer Information Systems
Human Resource Management
Early Childhood Education Licensure
Elementary Education Licensure
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs: Lamar Community College and UCCS have partnered to begin a 2+2 partnership. The agreement will allow students to complete their bachelors degrees in selected options without relocating. Please contact us for more information.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Bachelor of Arts in Business
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
More options are scheduled to follow.
Additional CCCS agreements with colleges and agencies can be found at cccs.edu.