Continue Your Education
Here at Lamar Community College, we encourage you to start with your goal in mind. Getting an associate’s degree from LCC is often your first step to a great career and we want to help take you to that next level. Each new degree, bachelor’s and master’s, increases your employability and income earning potential.
To help our students move on to obtain that next degree, LCC and the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) have determined many transfer options and articulation agreements. These options make it easy for you to keep moving forward.
College Transfer Services
LCC students can use both the Learning Support Services and the Career & Transfer Center to explore future options. Transfer Services include:
- Admission and financial aid / scholarship forms
- Waiver for admission fees (when provided by the university)
- Program and general brochures
LCC provides transfer counseling to help you determine the best four-year university for you. They look at your finances, degree plan, student interests and more to help you find the right fit. You can also find help with the college application and scholarship processes.
University recruiters regularly visit the LCC campus to speak to students. Additionally, LCC hosts a transfer college fair each fall for students to speak with a wide range of colleges and universities to determine their next step.
Contact Transfer Services
Deanna Siemsen, Transfer Counselor
Bowman Room 136
LCC and the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) have negotiated articulation or transfer agreements that allow students to move seamlessly from LCC to four-year colleges and universities without surprises. It is best to have an idea of which college you will be transferring to as early as possible , so that you are taking courses that will be acceptable in that degree plan.
Consult with LCC’s Transfer Coordinator at 719.336.1527 or email@example.com to assure that you choose the best option for your academic and career plans.
Below is a list of articulation agreements by discipline and/or college. Since many of these agreements are online, they allow students to continue their education without moving to another city.
CCCS and its member colleges have entered into statewide articulation agreements with Colorado public four-year colleges and universities. These associate degrees are guaranteed to transfer – in their entirety – into applicable bachelor degree programs:
- Associate of Arts (no designation), view the degree plan
- Associate of Science (no designation), view the degree plan
- Business (AA), view the degree plan
- Early Childhood Education (AA), view the degree plan
- Economics (AA), view the degree plan
- Elementary Education (AA), view the degree plan
- Engineering (AS)
- History (AA), view the degree plan
- Mathematics (AS), view the degree plan
- Psychology (AA, AS), view the AA degree plan / AS degree plan
More information on gtPathways (guaranteed transfer courses) and statewide articulations can be found on the Colorado Department of Higher Education website.
These options allow students to transfer to ASC without relocating:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (2 options)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (8 emphasis areas)
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education (with emphasis in literacy) includes Colorado state licensure
- Bachelor of Arts in Government
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology/Criminology
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
Lamar Community College and CSU-Global have partnered to develop the articulation agreements listed below. Additional degrees are also offered in an online format and new agreements may be available in the future.
- A.A.S in Business— B.S. in Business Management
- A.A.S. in Business Marketing/Management— B.S. in Marketing
- A.A.S. in Computer Information Systems—B.S. in Information Technology
- A.A.S. in Executive Administrative Assistant—B.S. in Business Management
- A.G.S. in Criminal Justice— B.S. in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
Learn more about this options by visiting the Transfer Students page of the CSU-Pueblo website. Please see LCC’s Transfer Coordinator for specific majors offered through Lamar Community College.
These options allow students to transfer to CTU without relocating. LCC has agreements with Colorado Technical University for full-time faculty/staff and students. Bachelor’s options include:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Advertising & Digital Media Design
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Project Management
- Bachelor of Science in Software Systems Engineering
LCC has articulations with Franklin University for 24 degree options. These options allow students to transfer to Franklin University without relocating. See articulation for additional information or LCC’s Transfer Coordinator for more information.
This 3+1 partnership allows students to transfer to Regis without relocating. In this option, Students take the first 90 credits at LCC and then complete the final 30 credits at RU. Options include:
- Applied Psychology
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Networking
- Computer Science
- Human Resource Management
- Liberal Arts
- Organization Development
- Public Administration
- Religious Studies
- Social Science
- Early Childhood Education Licensure
- Elementary Education Licensure
Lamar Community College and UCCS have partnered to begin a 2+2 partnership. This agreement allows students to complete their bachelors degrees in selected options without relocating. Please contact us for more information.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts in Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
More options are scheduled to follow.
Additional CCCS agreements with colleges and agencies can be found at on the Colorado Department of Education website.