Here at LCC, we are dedicated to meeting the needs of our four-county service area and beyond. To best understand our community, we rely on the knowledge and experience of the dedicated individuals serving on our Advisory Council and our newly-formed President’s Community Circle.
President’s Community Circle
The President’s Community Circle serves as a community voice for LCC and helps to shape strategic directions for the college as it serves the evolving needs of service-area counties, school districts, cities and towns, business and industry, universities, and non-profit entities. Providing expertise from unique perspectives, members of the Circle play a vital role in helping to ensure that Lamar Community College remains a strong partner in Southeast Colorado.
Members are representative of Baca, Cheyenne, Kiowa, and Prowers Counties; knowledgeable of the trends in their area of expertise; aware of the needs in their communities; and committed to promoting higher education for residents in the communities served by LCC.
Members of the President’s Community Circle aid the College by:
- Sharing information and ideas that reflect community perspectives
- Creating connections and partnerships for the college with various segments of the community
- Offering input to LCC regarding strategic directions and plans for the future
- Identifying under served populations in the service area
- Assisting in identifying future facilities needs
- Providing advice and support on a variety of college issues
- Serving as knowledgeable ambassadors for LCC in the community
Members will attend Circle meetings in the fall, winter, spring and summer. They will attend college functions and events as Circle members, and support the LCC Foundation’s fundraising and resource development activities.
Nominate someone for the President’s Community Circle
Dr. Lujan, LCC President, is currently requesting nominations for individuals to serve on the President’s Community Circle.
Each nomination should include the nominee’s name, professional affiliation, phone number, email address, mailing address, and a brief statement regarding why they would be a good addition to the Circle.
Individuals can self-nominate or nominate another who they believe would be a good voice for the community. All nominations are due to the President’s Office of LCC by December 20, 2017.
To submit a nomination, either email the above information to email@example.com or mail the nomination to the President’s Office, Lamar Community College, 2401 S. Main Street, Lamar, CO 81052.
LCC Advisory Council
Five members of the President’s Community Circle will also serve as members of the LCC Advisory Council on a rotating basis as required by State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education (SBCCOE).
Current Advisory Council members include:
- Dave Esgar, Wiley
- Gib Sprout, Lamar
- Jay Brooke, Lamar
- Jo Dorenkemp, Holly
- Nikki Johnson, Campo
- Marsha Wilhite, Holly
Members of the LCC Advisory Council advise the college president and the Board on the long-term educational needs of the area served by the college and on other matters identified in statute, by:
- Serving as liaison between the college and area employers in order to facilitate assessment of employment, training and educational needs of the service area
- Connecting the college and local school boards, county commissioners, city councils, other local elected officials and other relevant groups or persons
- Promoting the college’s programs and services among the communities and constituencies in the college’s service area