Career and Transfer Center
Whether you are searching for a major, choosing a career path or deciding on a four year university to further your education, the Career and Transfer Center is the place to begin your journey.
Here’s how we can help you
- By providing individual career counseling
- By conducting personality and career assessments
- By identifying a degree or certificate from LCC that best fits career, academic, and life goals.
- By assisting with resume writing , interviw techniques, and job searches.
- By sharing on-line resources.
- By keeping a listing of local/regional/state job postings.
- By determining the four-year university that best fits the student based on finances, degree plan, student interests etc.
- By assisting students with the college application process.
- By educating the student on the scholarships offered.
- By conducting visits to four-year institutions.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Learn more about the Career & Transfer Center including staff members and events put on my the Center, as well as find additional information to help you find the right career, search for a job, and land the right position for you.
Major or Career Path
Below you will find several online tools to help you explore your various options for a college major or potential future career path.
Landing the Job
Once you’ve gained the education and skills necessary to enter the workforce, you can start looking for the right job! Below you will find various online resources to help you prepare including tips on resume writing and interviewing skills.
- Career Expo
The Career Expo is held each year in the spring semester. Area businesses and professional share their work experiences and provide opportunities for students and community members to explore a wide range of careers including those in the Colorado career cluster model. Area businesses and academic/technical departments from LCC are represented at the Expo.
- Transfer Fair
Each fall, representatives from four-year colleges and universities come to LCC for the Transfer Fair. The Fair is an informal come-and-go event wherein college representatives can share information about their schools and what they have to offer potential transfer students. Visiting colleges include most, if not all, Colorado institutions as well as those from the surrounding states.
- Recruiter Visits
Throughout the year, four-year college and university representatives set-up informational tables on campus and visit with students about their educational goals and options.