Join us on Saturday, May 6, 2017, for the 78th Annual Lamar Community College Commencement! The ceremony will start at 10:00 am in LCC’s Wellness Center.
LCC faculty have chosen Rebecca Henderson and Jeremy Minnick to speak on behalf of the graduating class during the ceremony. The College has also invited Pres Askew to be the keynote speaker for the event.
To reduce congestion during the ceremony, please take photos from your seat. Additionally, graduates and their families may choose to take photos before entering the building or after the ceremonies have concluded.
Parking will be available in the Wellness Center parking lot. Overflow parking will be available in the large student parking lots north of Todd‐Burch Residence Hall, the Betz Technology Center, and the staff parking lot. Do not parking in the borrow ditches west of the Wellness Center.
A reception for graduates and families will follow immediately after.
Live Video Streaming
If you can’t make it to the event in person, we invite you to attend via livestream. Please click the link below to watch. Livestreaming for each event will start fifteen minutes before the event itself.
- Nursing Pinning – 10:00am on Friday, May 5, 2017
- 78th Commencement Ceremony – 10:00am on Saturday, May 6, 2017
You can now order your cap and gown for the commencement ceremony. Visit Herff Jones and search for Lamar Community College to get started.
- Intent to Graduate: Students who believe they are eligible to walk in Commencement due to a Fall 2016 or Spring/Summer 2017 completion, must have an approved Intent to Graduate on file. The Spring semester priority deadline for intents was October 1, 2016. For questions, please contact Student Services at 719.336.1590.
- Finalizing Graduation: Degree/ certificate completion will be confirmed once all spring semester grades are received and a final degree audit is completed.
- Transcripts: Transcripts that include a “graduation stamp” will be available once all grades are processed, all financial obligations are met, and a final degree audit is completed. The process takes approximately eight weeks.
- Diploma: Your diploma will be ordered and shipped to you eight to ten weeks after Commencement, depending on above process timing. Please make sure a current mailing address in on file for prompt delivery of your diploma.
If you have questions about graduation, contact LCC Student Services at 719.336.1590 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop by the Student Services offices located in the Betz Technology Center.