Join us on Saturday, May 5, 2018, for the 79th Annual Lamar Community College Commencement! The ceremony will start at 10:00 am in LCC’s Wellness Center.
To reduce congestion during the ceremony, please take photos from your seat. Additionally, graduates and their families may choose to take photos before entering the building or after the ceremonies have concluded.
Parking will be available in the Wellness Center parking lot. Overflow parking will be available in the large student parking lots north of Todd‐Burch Residence Hall, the Betz Technology Center, and the staff parking lot. Do not park in the borrow ditches west of the Wellness Center.
New this year, family and friends will have the opportunity to purchase a bouquet of flowers to honor their graduate. A booth will be set up in the Wellness Center before graduation starts; all proceeds will benefit a graduation scholarship.
A reception for graduates and families will follow immediately after.
If you’re coming in to Lamar early, please join us for two more celebrations on Friday! Open the event for more information.
Friday, May 4, at 11:00am in the LCC Wellness Center
The Annual Nurse Pinning ceremony is a time-honored tradition celebrating the accomplishments of students completing either the Level I (Practical Nursing) and Level II (Associate Degree in Nursing/Registered Nurse) programs. In this ceremony, students participate in the lighting of the Florence Nightingale Lamp, as well as have a registered nurse of their choosing place a special pin on his or her uniform.
No tickets are required for the event. It will also be streamed live for family and friends who are unable to attend; the link for the live stream will be available here later this week.
Let us know you’re coming! RSVP to the Facebook event.
Antelope Night is LCC’s student awards night, celebrating student accomplishments both inside the classroom and out! All students, faculty and staff, are encouraged to attend along with the students’ family and friends. Dinner will be catered by Lucky’s BBQ; music and entertainment provided by the Arkansas Valley Wind & Percussion Ensemble and LCC’s own Ryan Thompson.
Antelope Night is completely FREE! Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com or by calling 719.336.1581 and leaving a voicemail.
Live Video Streaming
If you can’t make it to the event in person, we invite you to attend via livestream. Please click the link below to watch. Livestreaming for each event will start shortly before the event itself.
- Nursing Pinning – 11:00am on Friday, May 4, 2018
- 79th Commencement Ceremony – 10:00am on Saturday, May 5, 2018
Photos now available!
Each year, Lamar Community College takes photos at all year-end celebrations including Antelope Night, Nurse Pinning, and Commencement. These photos are now available to the public; see below for links to each of the photo albums.
- Intent to Graduate: Students who believe they are eligible to walk in Commencement due to a Fall 2017 or Spring/Summer 2018 completion, must have an approved Intent to Graduate on file. The Spring semester priority deadline for intents was October 1, 2017. For questions, please contact Student Services at 719.336.1590.
- Finalizing Graduation: Degree/ certificate completion will be confirmed once all spring semester grades are received and a final degree audit is completed.
- Transcripts: Transcripts that include a “graduation stamp” will be available once all grades are processed, all financial obligations are met, and a final degree audit is completed. The process takes approximately eight weeks.
- Diploma: Your diploma will be ordered and shipped to you eight to ten weeks after Commencement, depending on above process timing. Please make sure a current mailing address in on file for prompt delivery of your diploma.
If you have questions about graduation, contact LCC Student Services at 719.336.1590 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also stop by the Student Services offices located in the Betz Technology Center.