2017 Reunion (Old Cowboys & Everyone Else)
Led by a dedicated group of alums, LCC will host its second reunion for former Agriculture and Horse Training & Management students and those who participated in Rodeo, Livestock Judging, and/or Saddle & Sirloin Club while attending Lamar Community College (Lamar Junior College), regardless of graduation status.
More detailed information will be added as is becomes available.
Everyone is welcome.
The event is scheduled for September 29 – October 1, 2017 in conjunction with the LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo. Motel rooms may be in short supply; make reservations now. Lamar Motels
Schedule of Events
Thursday, 9/28 (Optional)
- 6:00 – 8:00 p: Grand Re-opening of LCC’s Large & Small Lecture Halls with refreshments; LCC Bowman Building
- 11:00 a: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo Slack (free); Sand & Sage Fairgrounds
- 12:00 – 5:00 p: LCC Living History Encampment; afternoon; LCC campus (free)
- 4:30 p: Reunion Registration
- 4:30 p: Social* @ Lamar Eagles Lodge; appetizers provided by the Eagles
- 6:00 p: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo* performance
- 8:00 a: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo Slack (free)
- 9:00 a – 5:00 p: LCC Living History Encampment; LCC campus (free)
- 8:45 a – 12:00 p: NEW… ROAD TRIP to the Cannopy Corporation facility in Springfield, CO for presentation on Hemp Production & Processing*; Pick up/drop off location: LCC Wellness Center. Cannopy Corporation is opening their doors for a thirty to forty-five-minute tour. You will look at pilot scale functions and peek into the future of Industrial scale, seed to sale hemp operations in 2018. Senior V. P. Matt Schwaigert will lead an informative site overview and explain industrial hemp processing channels and end uses. Please R.S.V.P. at email@example.com. This event is not open to the public. We ask that you leave cameras and phones in your vehicle/LCC bus.
- 12:00 p: Reunion Lunch*; at the Sand & Sage Fairgrounds Centennial Building
- 2:00 p: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo* performance (Calcutta for Short Go immediately following)
- 5:30 p: (approximately) – Calcutta for Short Go; Sand & Sage Fairgrounds Centennial Building
- 6:00 p: Reunion Social / 6:30 p Dinner* at Eagles Lodge:
- 12:00 p: LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo* Short Go
Not seeing something on the schedule? Want a designated time to meet as a sub-group or tour of the campus, contact the Foundation Office to add to the schedule.
* A $75.00 registration fee per person covers the weekend’s events to include:
Free beverage/food at the Friday evening social
Shuttle on Friday evening
Road trip to hemp processing plant
Admission to all LCC Antelope Stampede Rodeo performances (300-400 contestants)
Support for LCC programs and events
Additional benefits as available
You may pay by sending a check to the LCC Foundation at 2401 S. Main Street, Lamar, CO 81052 or via phone with LCC’s Cashier @ 719-336-1593. Or make online payment.
Any proceeds will benefit Lamar Community College Rodeo and the Foundation.
For more information, contact the Foundation Office at phone 719.336.1520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.