About Library/Learning Resource Center
At LCC, we strive to best meet our students’ varied needs. To accomplish this, the LRC has several different areas for students to gather for meetings, study, do research, and socialize.
- The STEM Conference Room is where classes, organizations, and even informal student groups can meet. It includes digital presentation equipment.
- The bistro area, is where library patrons are welcome to sip a beverage, eat, and/or read at the bistro tables.
- The alcove provides comfortable seating and a scenic view of Willow Creek and the surrounding area.
- The computer station is where patrons can do research and work on assignments. Computers have Internet access and are print-capable.
- Easy chairs, additional couches, and several worktables furnish the rest of the main reading area.
- Walter-Hobbs Collection (HOBBS): This 800-volume collection was donated by former LCC faculty member, Dr. Howard W. Hobbs. The collection features science, military history, and other miscellaneous titles. They are identified in the catalog by the addition of HOBBS to the call numbers and by colored dots on the spines of the books.
- The Professional Collection (PRO) supports faculty members.
- The Quality Collection (TQM) supports total quality management.